The game I created tries to serve the purpose of calming the player down. The gameplay is simple as the player stares out a window at a snowy landscape as it snows. Input is limited to only controlling the character’s, and to an extent your own, breathing. Holding down the spacebar makes the character breath in, letting go is breathing out. If I had more time I would make the background more lively and edit the sounds more so that they come through more clearly.
I did everything in this project by myself and do plan to continue polishing this project and maybe even try to get it on the app store.
The game I created was inspired by Ouija Boarding back in Middle School and High School. The game only needs something that has the alphabet on it, a “viewer” to see what letter the person is on, a blindfold, and headphones to play eerie or silly music though (optional).
The game is played with two people in which one person is blindfolded and puts their fingers on the “viewer”, the other player then begins to move the viewer around, while calling out what letter they land on, and the blindfolded player tries to guess what the other player is trying to spell out. The two players then switch roles and play again.
I worked by myself again so the idea and creation of the game was all done by myself.
Inspiration: Ouija Boarding and ASMR videos
- Wander around a deserted house as objects are randomly thrown
- Try to find your way out of a building by just using audio ques
- Try to escape from a monster/ghost when blinded by using sound and touch
- Communicate by only moving a stylus to different letters
- Play as a ghost and try to tell the owners that you died so you can pass on
- Wear a blanket over your head and go around acting like a ghost in public
- Be blindfolded and have to complete different tasks by listening to random people whispering to you
- Sit in a dark room by yourself while reciting as many dark chants as you can (http://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/summon-spirit/)
- Have a sheet over your head with only a candle illuminating the room, sit there for 10 minutes alone
- Wear headphones that only chant disembodied whispers from all directions while you are either blindfolded or in a dark room
The game I created focuses on the political topic of infant mortality in warzones and the transportation of their corpses. Gameplay is done by a player carrying a fake dead baby wrapped in a bag and that wrapped in a towel. The player then carries the bundle in their arms through a populated area, all while keeping a straight face. This draws attention from spectators and brings them into the state of “play” and makes them question if that baby is real and why you are carrying a bundle that looks like a baby.
-I had to unmake the baby and the pictures are not able to upload, so I will have to add those and the video (couldn’t be uploadable for some reason).
This game is made for people to draw their own conclusions. I wanted to see how people react to the environment that they spawn into and how they go from there. Enjoy my pretentious journey of this Avangard game. The changes that I have made to the game are that the player is now allowed to move left and right, the other cubes move down towards the bottom of the level, there are buildings to give the player and environment, the level has been made longer, and I have kept an interesting mechanic. It is that if the player hits the corner of a building, the player and camera rotate really quickly and change the player’s experience and perspective. I thought it was interesting and helped get the view across that I was trying to get to, that life can be very bland and boring or crazy and perspective changing.
I was the sole person working on this game so all work was done by myself
P.s. The first image is how the lose screen is supposed to look without display errors.